Automated Offsite Data Backups
How Important is your Business's Data to your Business? What will you do in the event of a fire, theaft or Natural Disaster? How well guarded are your File Servers, Email Servers etc?
A Telnetworks Powered Data Backup solution will enable you to retrive your Data within hours of Data Loss. Whats more, your data will be upto date of the time of the loss.
Where there is any type of technology involved, there is a possibility of malfunction. Sooner or later any business is faced with some type of equipment failure, in turn, resulting in data loss or corruption. While the causes of data loss can be diverse, the important factor to be taken into consideration is to back up your valuable data into a secure offsite location.
Until they suffer the unpredicted loss or corruption of valuable data, many businesses neglect the importance of data backups. In the majority of times, the only way to come out from a data loss is to retrieve from a data backup.
Visualize a fire totally destroying your office overnight – What will you do? Your business insurance covers the equipment on which your data was stored, but how are you going to retrieve all the valuable information that was stored on your computers and servers? Also picture your staff being too busy to have done a data backup for the past 6 months? Your business will face disaster, unless you have in place, an efficient data backup system.
Telnetworks Powered data backup solution utilizes the Internet to keep a secure up to date copy of all your important data on an offsite data backup server.
How Does It Work?
- Firstly, during the setup stages, we consult you and find out how often you would like your data to be backed up. We can have data backed-up up to the minute, yet, most customers want data to be backed up only every 24 hours overnight.
- At your chosen scheduled time, your backup commences.
- Before data is sent across the Internet to our backup servers, you data is securely encrypted using Military level secure encryption technologies. Once data is encrypted using a passphrase, that only you know we transmit the data over the Internet to a secure offsite data centre located in Sydney, Australia. During the encryption stages, we also compress your data.
- The initial data backup procedure sends a compressed encrypted copy of each file to the backup server (i.e. an exact replica of your file server or directory of files). Thereafter, we email a concise report on the status and success of the initial data backup to you.
- Following the first Data Backup run, and on subsequent Data Backup runs, the data backup process will detect the differences on that day for each file on your directory of files from the last time the files on your server were backed up. Upon comparing the list of files that have changed, the differences in the files that have altered will be compressed, encrypted and sent to the backup server. This method is known as fastbitting. This enables you to backup data faster and involves minimal data transfer.
- If you place new files or copy new files to the data backup folder, these files will copy across as it has not previously been ‘seen' by the backup server.
- After each data backup a log is created detailing the results of each backup. This log will also detail errors and warnings.
- The team at Telnetworks reviews and monitors each and every data backup connection your servers and computers makes to our backup servers concerned about your data backup you are notified promptly.
At Telnetworks, we offer a comprehensive range of backup options other than our offsite solutions, which are designed to safeguard against severe data loss or corruption and minimise related downtime associated to such a failure
Inquire online or call us now on 1300 700077 and speak to one of our Account Managers about a backup solution for your business.